Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Hi Everyone

So, you want to fit your twin wall chimney system for what ever reason. Have you been told that you have to have an Hetas registered fitter to do it? well, that is up to you as there is another way.

Hetas run what is called a competent person scheme for the government so that individuals that pass the course can 'sign off' installations that involve building regulations. For wood burners and chimneys this is Document J now, if you look through this you will find that only a small part will affect you when deciding to fit it yourself or a sub contract builder. 

The building control department of your local council will offer the same 'signing off' it just means there is a process that needs to be followed to achieve this, sounds scary? well it can be. You have to specify the confirmation data of the components being used to make sure they comply with the regulations,  from the wood stove data plate and the compliance data of the twin wall chimney used. Now, this is where we can help!! we are able to do this for you if you are using the Volcano Plus Chimney that we distribute, no form filling, no visits to your local council and no waiting! This link tells you all you need to know about this service.

We are not saying "Do not use an Hetas Fitter" because they do know their job, what we are saying is that sometimes through availability, time scale, personal circumstances it is more convenient to Do It Yourself!

This is what our customers have achieved themselves -

No comments:

Post a Comment